Baragwi is this months Kenya coffee from April Copenhagen. It's a rich and juicy cup that is as sweet as it is acidic with distinct notes of berries. We've been playing around with it and here's a quick brew guide to get you started with a good cup. We're brewing on a V60, with a total brew time of 2:30. If it took less - grind finer and/or pour slower. It if took longer - pour faster and/or grind finer.
What you need:
- 14 g fresh whole beans
- 240 ml filtered water
- Coffee filter and filter paper
- Wet the filter paper with 200 ml water to rinse out the paper taste. Don't leave the water in the cup/jug.
- Grind 14 g of fresh coffee beans to a medium-fine grind size (Step 8-9 on the Wilfa grinder)
- Heat the water to 94° C
- Tare the scale and start the timer
- Pour 40 g of water onto the ground coffee and let it bloom for 30 seconds. Make sure all ground are wet to get an even extraction
- Pour 100g water in a slow 14 circular motion
- Pour rest of the water before the coffee bed dries out
- After 2:30 minutes the coffee is ready
- Enjoy a nice cup of fresh brewed coffee
Tobias - Bean Bros.