Ecuador - Hacienda Pillcocaja
Pillcocaja is our main featured coffee of the month! It’s super fruity and juicy and comes with a really interesting backstory. The Crespo family acquired the property 12 years ago to produce coffee. The cherries are harvested and then processed in a wet mill located 800 meters from the farm, which ensures their perfect freshness. For the dry mill, the cherries are pulped and fermented for 18 hours and the water used comes from a well nearby. The coffee then dries on African beds under 70% shade for 12 days. An exceptional coffee reflecting the passion, curiosity and expertise of a producer guided by innovation and a quest for perfection.
Light roast - Filter
Medium roast - Espresso
Altitude: 1700 m.a.s.l.
For Kalita wave / Tsubame (155 size)
- 18g of ground coffee to 288g water
- Medium fine grind
- 93-95°C brew water
- Rinse the filter, throw away the rinse water, and then preheat the brewer and server
- Bloom using 1:3 ratio or ~56g water for 35s
- 2nd pour using slow and gentle circular pour up to 120g
- 3rd pour using gentle centre pour up to 200g
- 4th and final pour using slow and gentle circular pour up to 288g
- Total brewing time ~2:30-2:40
Adjust grind and water temp depending on the coffee type, roast, and your tastes.